Career Development is the lifelong process of managing learning, work, and transitions in order to move toward your preferred future. There are several noteworthy elements in this definition. Read more about it here.
Career Development Professionals work with people of all ages to help them to manage their learning, work, leisure, and transitions. The goal of career services is to help people to pursue learning and to find work which is personally meaningful and to learn how to manage transitions in today’s ever-evolving labour market. Read more about it here.
On PEI, they are employed in settings such as:
- Employment Assistance Services across PEI
- Community Sector Network –non-profit organizations/agencies
- Labour Market Information Specialties – The Employment Journey and government
- Department of Education and Lifelong Learning
- Workforce Development (government such as SkillsPEI)
- Industry Sector Councils / Associations
- Private Employers – Human Resources departments
- Post-Secondary Education & Training Institutions – Career Services
CERIC developed a set of Guiding Principles outlining the many benefits of career development profession: Read more
Meet PEI Career Development Professionals
Job seekers services, programs and bursaries
Youth employment programs
Help with career management
For more information about the Career Development profession on PEI, contact the Career Development Association of PEI, at email@example.com.