This sector ties in agriculture, aquaculture, and fisheries. As a result of staff shortages, these industries depend on foreign workers to maintain the demand for labour.
The Employment Journey produces an extensive list of seafood processing facilities that hire staff each March. Work may be available through to December, depending on the market. Mussel plants typically offer year-round work. To explore each company further, click here.
The Seafood Processors Association notes the seafood processing sector directly employs close to 2,000 people. The members represents a diverse range of seafood products and provide jobs directly and indirectly for thousands of people on the Island.
Work PEI, in collaboration with members of the PEI Seafood Processors Association, has launched a new employment portal for seafood processing jobs at www.workpei.ca/opsi/.
Bonuses offered to encourage students to work in the seafood and agriculture sectors, click here
PEI Food Processing news you can use:
Food Island Partnership Newsletter September 2022
BioFoodTech Newsletter May 2022
Bio| Food | Tech
Bio | Food | Tech on the University of PEI campus provides many specialized services to companies and entrepreneurs in both the food and bioprocessing sectors. For more information, click here.
Canada’s Smartest Kitchen
Canada’s Smartest Kitchen at the Culinary Institute of Canada has a multidisciplinary team delivers market-validated solutions to food companies of all sizes. For more information, click here.
- Aerospace, Defence, Marine and Security sector
- Auto Service / Small & Heavy Equipment Repair
- Automotive Dealerships
- Boat-building sector
- Canada’s Ocean Supercluster
- Career Development Profession
- Community Sector Network on PEI
(representing non-profit organizations)
- Construction – Commercial
- Construction – Residential
- Creative & Cultural
- Digital Economy Industry
- Early Childhood Education
- Education / Training
- Finance / Real Estate / Leasing
- Food & Beverage
- Food Processing
- Island Technology Professionals (ITP)
- Justice & Public Safety
- Municipal / Federal / Provincial Public Sector
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Professional / Scientific / Technical
- Renewable Energy
- Retail / Wholesale
- Road / Bridge Building
- Sports / Recreation
- Trades & Technology
- Other Industries & Career Options