Current Job Openings
WOW Jobs also posts opportunities from PEI recruiting company Halliwell Consulting. Visit www.halliwellconsulting.com.
Work options for youth
Government of PEI – Provincial jobs:
- Student Opportunities
- Resources & support programs to help with training and job search
- Post-Secondary Student Program
- Student Summer Employment Programs
Service Canada – Federal jobs:
- Post-Secondary Recruitment – Government of Canada
- Canada Summer Jobs
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Parks Canada
- Young Canada Works – Canadian Heritage
- Federal Student Work Experience Program
- Odyssey – work in French
- First Nations and Inuit Summer Work Experience Program
- Student Work-Integrated Learning Program
- Career Focus
Other student/graduate job options
- PERCÉ program– work in French and English
- WorkSmarts – wage subsidies available on PEI
- Abilities@Work – opportunities for people with disabilities
- Student Work Placement Program – BioTalent Canada – placements in STEM, healthcare, and business
Canadian Forces Recruitment Centre – Charlottetown
Jobs: Recruiting full-time (Regular Force) and part-time (Reserve Force) members for the Canadian Armed Forces
Over 95,000 Canadians serve in over 100 trades and professions in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). You can choose to work full-time in the Regular Forces or part-time in the Reserve, as either an Officer or a Non-Commissioned Member (NCM).
To become an Officer, you need a university education and leadership training. Officers are trained to become part of the command structure of the CAF.
Non-Commissioned Members (NCMs) provide operational and support services. Some NCMs are trained as operators or technicians while others may work in administrative or health services.
Apply now at www.forces.ca or contact the Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre for more information.
(Apply any time, however, application deadline for 2016 Reservist Basic Training is May 1st):
CANADIAN FORCES RECRUITING CENTRE
191 Great George St. – Unit 106B
Charlottetown PEI, C1A 4L3
Other job search sites of interest
A good resource for university and college students and graduates for job postings and company information.
Find the direct links to job applications from major national employers located on PEI (i.e. Shoppers Drug Mart, Wal-Mart, Sobeys).
This site focuses on providing downloadable and printable application forms for large companies, like retail chains, grocery stores, pizza shops, pharmacies, fast food restaurants, and coffee shops. It also offers detailed breakdowns of how to fill out each job application form as well as basic hiring information for each company.
Summerside launches campaign to bring people back home.