Office to Advance Women Apprentices assists in enhancing employment outcomes for women in underrepresented skilled trades by:
- Addressing barriers limiting women’s entry, advancement, and completion of apprenticeship in Red Seal construction trades
- Developing and maintaining a registry database to help track and connect women to trades employment
- Providing wrap-around supports including career services, employment supports, and networking opportunities
- Coaching and mentoring employers and apprentices
- Providing workshops to prepare tradeswomen to write their Red Seal exam
- Helping women to consider trades and take steps to explore the many options
Funded through the Federal Government’s Women in Construction Fund.