Everyone needs help with finances. Financial Literacy means having the knowledge, skills and confidence to make responsible financial decisions.
- The Government of PEI has invested in programs that benefit Island residents.
- The Government of Canada offers many programs and services for Canadians concerning education savings, pensions and retirement, tax benefits and consumer and wage earner protection.
- Local and national organizations and agencies also offer financial help through their services and programs.
Below is a listing of current financial programs and services:
List of Common Benefits and Credits
Supports announced for seniors, families, low-income Islanders and NGOs – Government of PEI – March 10, 2022
Better Business Bureau® (BBB) – The red flags of employment scams
Funding available for Persons with Disabilities: Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
IG Wealth Management Empower Your Tomorrow Indigenous Commitment
Funding available for rural or regional development
Ecosystem Fund for Black business owners and Black-led organizations – Government of Canada
Prosper Canada Newsletter February 2022
The Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund, Bell Let’s Talk Post-Secondary Fund and the Bell Let’s Talk Diversity Fund are part of Bell Let’s Talk, Canada’s largest corporate initiative dedicated to mental health
Special Projects Program – info for Employers – Government of PEI
Employment Planning Resources
- PEI job opportunities
- Help with your employment journey on PEI
- Top 6 steps to successfully job search on PEI
- 211 PEI – Help is a call, text or a click away
- Changing careers? Looking for work? We can help!
- Career planning & job search tips for 2022
- Financial help for PEI residents & organizations
- Free Food Supplies for PEI Residents
- Emergency Housing options on PEI
- Mental Health & Addictions Supports & Services
- Post-secondary education updates
- PEI Employment Standards & Workers Compensation Board updates
- Working from home: helpful tips
- The latest employment news across Canada
- Volunteer options on PEI
- Employment-related Podcasts