submitted by Tammy MacKinnon, community volunteer
Take Out Meals (Pick up or Delivered)
- 4 Love 4 Care will be offering take out meals the 3rd Sunday of each month. More info to follow. They ask you to please email or phone ahead so they can reserve a plate for you:
email@example.com or call 902-393-1993
- Harvest House Prince Edward Island is offering free hot meals Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 am – 2 pm and Thursdays between 6-7 pm. They also offer red wagon street delivery on Fridays; they will be in town between 12 to 1 pm by request or if we find you!!
243 University Ave in Charlottetown. 902-894-5350
- SUMMERSIDE Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
Summerside Area – Pope Avenue
Take out meals are provided Monday thru Friday from 11:30am -12:30pm
- Soup Kitchen – CHARLOTTETOWN
101 Richmond St., Charlottetown
Lunch everyday at 11:00am. Supper Monday-Friday at 4:00pm
TBK Silver Streams Restaurant is donating 70 meals per week to the Soup Kitchen to help with their takeout meals.
Montague Community Fridge
Montague Public Library has a community fridge that operates Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. It is stocked with food such as bananas and other fresh fruit, yogurt, apple sauce, juice, bagels and cream cheese.
The library also has a community cupboard for supplies such as period products, toothpaste and toothbrushes. The community fridge is available alongside the community cupboard.
For more information, call the Montague Public Library at(902) 838-2928 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PEI Community Fridge
Queen Street, Charlottetown, PE (near Parkdale-Sherwood Lions Bingo Hall)
PEI Community Fridge facilitates access to safe and nutritious food for the community. It is a 24/7 autonomous and accessible outdoor space where people can take what they need and give what they can – no questions asked. It is operated by 4 Love 4 Care.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Gifts From The Heart Inc. is opening community fridges in Charlottetown and Stratford. The three community fridges will be in tiny home buildings, with a staff person or volunteer inside to help give out food.
For more information, call 902-628-6871.
- St Francis of Assisi – CORNWALL, PE
Call 902-566-3876 and leave a message. Someone will respond to arrange a time for food pick up. Service is confidential and available to all in need in the Cornwall area.
- Gifts From The Heart Inc. is providing food hampers Monday-Friday. They are open 10 am-4 pm so lots of opportunity to get in and get one. Please call 902-628-6871; location is Maple Hills Avenue Charlottetown (near the Charlottetown Airport).
- The Salvation Army in Charlottetown, PEI –
Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-11:00 am
158 Fitzroy Street, Charlottetown
- Upper Room Food Bank – The Upper Room Hospitality Ministry Inc. –
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9-11 am
33 Belmont St., Charlottetown
- Cornwall Food Bank Pick Up – Thursdays between 10-10:15 at Lion’s Club on Cornwall Rd (Curling Club building) Please call Upper Room Food Bank by Wednesday to order your box 902-892-7092.
- First Baptist Charlottetown – Mondays 9-10 am at Fitzroy St entrance.
- Summerside Salvation Army Food Bank –
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 12:30-2:30 pm
Location: Pope Avenue
- Kensington Lions Club Food Bank
By appointment only. Please call 902-836-5060 and leave a message and they will call you back same day.
- South Shore Food Share – Crapaud Area. by appointment only. Please message them through FB.
- Montague Food Bank – Thursday 9-11:30
Location: 222 PE – 17 Montague
- Souris Food Bank – Saturdays 11 am-12:30 pm. Contact: 902-687-2996
- Caring Cupboard– 4 locations
Tyne Valley, Alberton & Bloomfield – Thursday 10 am -12 pm
Tignish – Tuesday 4-5 pm
Call them as needed at 902-882-2559