According to the WorkPEI Employment Analysis, in May 2022, 8,400 people worked in manufacturing on PEI.
The mission of the CWB Welding Foundation is to broaden awareness of the career potential and opportunities in welding, and to advocate for a strong and sustainable welding workforce in support of Canada’s economy.
To check out scholarships, awards, bursaries, and more, click here
Manufacturing – news you can use
PEI Bag Co. – What’s in a bag? – Innovation PEI
Education, training & certification
Holland College has a full compliment of trades and technology programs. Visit www.hollandcollege.com.
For details on trades in manufacturing that have an Apprenticeship program, contact the Apprenticeship Branch of Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning, 902-368-4460 or visit www.apprenticeship.pe.ca.
To explore the manufacturing sector further:
Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC) is a unique non-profit organization dedicated to helping manufacturers GROW and become more competitive at home and around the world.
Canada’s head office is in Owen Sound, Ontario and there is a New Brunswick and PEI location: For the PEI Field Service Advisor, click here.
For a list of open positions in manufacturing, visit www.jobbank.gc.ca
For a list of local jobs, visit www.workpei.ca
For more information about careers in Aerospace & Defence, visit Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association at https://ac-ada.ca/
Related videos about:
Related articles about:
- Aerospace, Defence, Marine and Security sector
- Auto Service / Small & Heavy Equipment Repair
- Automotive Dealerships
- Boat-building sector
- Canada’s Ocean Supercluster
- Career Development Profession
- Community Sector Network on PEI
(representing non-profit organizations)
- Construction – Commercial
- Construction – Residential
- Creative & Cultural
- Digital Economy Industry
- Early Childhood Education
- Education / Training
- Finance / Real Estate / Leasing
- Food & Beverage
- Food Processing
- Island Technology Professionals (ITP)
- Justice & Public Safety
- Municipal / Federal / Provincial Public Sector
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Professional / Scientific / Technical
- Renewable Energy
- Retail / Wholesale
- Road / Bridge Building
- Sports / Recreation
- Trades & Technology
- Other Industries & Career Options