“Building the future you want is the focus of the planner,” says Kathy McDonald, Student Success and Transition Specialist. “Students will be walked through a series of exercises and experiences both in the classroom and in the community to help them answer questions such as:
- What am I good at and what do I care about?
- What high school courses allow me to explore my interests?
- What kinds of jobs or occupations interest me?
- What courses and community learning experiences will help me reach my goals?
- What is my action plan?
“Key tools and plans need to be in place for the transition from grade nine to high school to post- secondary, and it can be a scary time for students and parents. We are investing time and resources to help each student and their parents/guardians find answers and have job search tools.”
Areas of focus within myBlueprint
- Goal setting
- Resumé and cover letter development
- High school course planning
- Post-secondary planning
- Exploring interests & learning styles
- Financial planning
- Occupational planning
- Portfolio development
myBlueprint is the easiest way to plan your education and career.